flume-user mailing list archives

From "Hai Thai" <...@mailtrust.com>
Subject Re: Interceptors on a replicated source fan-out
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:06:29 GMT
Thank you both for your answers,

A follow up question which is related: when using and configuring the multiplexing channel
selector, is it possible to send one message to multiple channels? The goal is to send all
messages to one channel while a filtered subset of those messages also go to another channel.

The other option that could be considered is to extend the AbstractChannelSelector to accomplish
this.

-H

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jeong-shik Jang" <jsjangg@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:10am
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Interceptors on a replicated source fan-out

Hi Ha Thai,

I think implementing a sink wrapper which allows you to use interceptors in
sink side can be an option.
Actually, I implemented one and have been using it successfully in our
production.
Possible performance gain by leveraging multi-threaded processing of sinks
is also a benefit of this approach, which was the motivation that drove me
to implement it.

If you want to try to implement by yourself, I can give you some idea; my
company has plan to make it open source; but it doesn't happen yet.

-JS