flume-user mailing list archives

From Chris Horrocks <ch...@hor.rocks>
Subject RE: Flume not marking log files as completed and do not process file further
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:20:03 GMT
Are the permissions on the files the same? Does the user running the flume agents have read
permissions?
Are the files still being written to/locked open by another process?
Are there any logs being generated by the flume agent?

--
Chris Horrocks

On 20 April 2016 at 08:00:14, Saurabh Sharma (saurabh.sharma@nviz.com(mailto:saurabh.sharma@nviz.com))
wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>

> The maximum number of open files in our OS is 1024.
>

> Thanks

and flume does process these files and marks as completed but after processing few files it
does not process any files further and moreover it does not mark the log file as completed.

> > We are using spooling directory source.
> >

> > I looked into the flume logs and found that when this scenario happens it shows
the following line continuously in flume logs.

> > DEBUG [conf-file-poller-0] (org.apache.flume.node.PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider$FileWatcherRunnable.run:126)
- Checking file:../conf/commerce-sense.conf for changes