flume-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Sharma <saurabh.sha...@nviz.com>
Subject RE: Flume not marking log files as completed and do not process file further
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 17:21:16 GMT
I increased it but no luck.
I am using cp command instead of mv to place log file into the spooling directory. Will there
be an issue?

Also when flume stops processing the file I could see the following line in logs continuously.

DEBUG [conf-file-poller-0] (org.apache.flume.node.PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider$FileWatcherRunnable.run:126)
 - Checking file:../conf/flume.conf for changes

From: Ronald van de Kuil [mailto:ronald.van.de.kuil@gmail.com]
Sent: 20 April 2016 14:12
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume not marking log files as completed and do not process file further

Could you set the value for the open files to 8000, reboot to OS, inspect that it is 8000
and see whether this resolves your problem?

Are the permissions on the files the same? Does the user running the flume agents have read
permissions?
Are the files still being written to/locked open by another process?
Are there any logs being generated by the flume agent?
--
Chris Horrocks

On 20 April 2016 at 08:00:14, Saurabh Sharma (saurabh.sharma@nviz.com<mailto:saurabh.sharma@nviz.com>)