flume-user mailing list archives

From "Eilander, J. (Jorn)" <Jorn.Eilan...@ing.nl>
Subject JMS source - 2 channels - Unexpected behaviour (data loss)
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:23:02 GMT
All,

I have the following scenario:

1 JMS Source, 2 channels, 1 sink per channel;

When the first channel stops, for instance due to space issues, channel 2 stops as well. No
data is pulled from the JMS. When channel 1 opens up, no data is lost, all sinks are equal;
When the second channel stops however, the first channel continues, data is still being pulled
from the JMS and can no longer be processed by channel 2 when it opens up. Data loss happens
on the sink connected to channel 2.

Ergo, priority lies with the first defined channel in the configuration. I would expect that
the source stops pulling from the JMS when one of both channels is unable to accept a message;
Not just the first channel.

Can someone explain this to me and/or give any advice to mitigate this?

--Jorn Eilander

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient , don't use or disclose it in anyway. Please let the
sender know and delete the message immediately.