flume-user mailing list archives

From Justin Ryan <jur...@ziprealty.com>
Subject Avro source: could not find schema for event
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 22:52:38 GMT
Hiya,

I¹ve got a fairly simply flume agent pulling events from kafka and landing
them in HDFS.  For plain text messages, this works fine.

I created a topic specifically for the purpose of testing sending avro
messages through kafka to land in HDFS, which I¹m having some trouble with.

I noted from
https://thisdataguy.com/2014/07/28/avro-end-to-end-in-hdfs-part-2-flume-setu
p/ the example of flume¹s default avro schema[0], which will do for my
testing, and set up my python-avro producer to send messages with this
schema.  Unfortunately, I still have flume looping this message in its¹ log:

  org.apache.flume.FlumeException: Could not find schema for event

I¹m running out of assumptions to rethink / verify here, would appreciate
any guidance on what I may be missing..

Thanks in advance,

Justin

[0] {