flume-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Naik <ros...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Problems performance with FileChannel and HDFS Sink.
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 19:24:22 GMT
Take a look at this. It might help.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/Performance+Measurements+-+round+2

From: Gonzalo Herreros <gherreros@gmail.com<mailto:gherreros@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 8:42 AM
To: user <user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Problems performance with FileChannel and HDFS Sink.

I don't know the internal details but I guess all those threads write to a single file, so
it will reach a point where there is no improvement.
On the other side having multiple sinks will create multiple files, which should scale better
but you need to make sure the files are written in different folders or pattern, which could
be an inconvenience having events for the same period in multiple files.

Regards,
Gonzalo

On 2 February 2016 at 08:38, Guillermo Ortiz <konstt2000@gmail.com<mailto:konstt2000@gmail.com>>