flume-user mailing list archives

From <keith...@rogers.com>
Subject MVN compile of flume on Linux
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 19:28:43 GMT
Greetings,
 I am able to compile Flume 1.7 on my PC/Windows but it fails when I attempt to compile it
on a Linux server.
The error I get is the following;
[INFO] Scanning for projects...[WARNING][WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building
the effective model for org.apache.flume:flume-ng-core:jar:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT[WARNING] 'profiles.profile[hbase-1].dependencyManagement.dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)'
must be unique: org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-minicluster:jar -> duplicate declaration of version
${hadoop.version} @ org.apache.flume:flume-parent:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT, /home/kwiggins/GENView-Analytics/GENView-Analytics/SBCFlume/trunk/flume-trunk/flume/pom.xml,
line 255, column 23[WARNING][WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because
they threaten the stability of your build.[WARNING][WARNING] For this reason, future Maven
versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.[WARNING]
..

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project flume-ng-core: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org.apache.flume:flume-ng-core:jar:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.apache.flume:flume-ng-sdk:jar:tests:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT
-> [Help 1]

I've seen some posts about this in other forums but no resolutions.
Thanks,Keith