flume-user mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring Flume
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:50:38 GMT
See the section http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#monitoring

IMHO look for Counters values, if they don't change means things may
be off track. Outside this I would really look for JVM level stats
like GC's. In case of Full GC's nothing from within the application
would respond.

I did some work on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2550
(test cases are missing). If you have free cycles can try that out, it
shall open up things you can do with codahale Metrics package. Expect
a bumpy ride with the patch.

--
thanks
ashish