flume-user mailing list archives

From Zhishan Li <zhishan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka Source Error
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 09:02:50 GMT
Hi Gonzalo,

Thanks for your reply. But I still can not figure out why the value of offset is frequently
reset. I am sure, the groupId is unique for my kafka cluster.

I find that some messages lost in flume pipeline.  But I don’t know the reason. Please do
me a favour.

Thanks,

> On 7 Dec, 2015, at 4:06 pm, Gonzalo Herreros <gherreros@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What that means is that the KafkaSource is trying to read messages from the last time
it was running (or at least the last time some client used kafka with the same groupId) but
they have been already deleted by Kafka so is working you that there are messages that have
been missed.
> Even if is the first time you use the KafkaSource, maybe somebody used a Kafka consumer
with the same groupId long ago. It's better if you make up your own groupId so you don't have
strange conflicts.

> Regards,
> Gonzalo
>

> On 7 December 2015 at 04:37, Zhishan Li <zhishanlee@gmail.com <mailto:zhishanlee@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> When I use KafkaSource, the following error is raised:
>
> 	07 Dec 2015 04:13:11,571 ERROR [ConsumerFetcherThread-] (kafka.utils.Logging$class.error:97)
 - Current offset 482243452 for partition [5] out of range; reset offset to 483146676
> 	Current offset 482243452 for partition [log,5] out of range; reset offset to 483146676
> 	consumed offset: 482243452 doesn't match fetch offset: 483146676 for log:5: fetched
offset = 483147611: consumed offset = 482243452;