With the Avro type as source, the client use socket to send the contents of source, or, HTTP protocol can also be used as source, the client use the HTTP request to send content to source.

Hi,

We have requirement to log requests and generate report out for that for quality metrics and usage tracking. Our applications are customized using Java, C, C#, SharePoint/.Net form where user events will be captured to generate requests for logging.

I heard about tool – Apache Flume.

I have following questions :-

1.       Does it need any license? If yes, what’s the cost?

2.       Can It be used from C, SharePoint/.net customized applications. In documentation, I saw reference to log4j i.e. java stuff but did not find anything for log4c, log4net.

Kindly clarify above questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Harjinder Singh

TC Collaboration Solution Design | GIS-PMT

Applied Materials, ITPL, Bangalore, INDIA

Mail_ID : Harjinder_singh@amat.com

Phone : +91 80 6628 3471