flume-user mailing list archives

From beargan <bear...@hotmail.com>
Subject 答复: Information regarding Apache Flume
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:18:35 GMT
With the Avro type as source, the client use socket to send the contents of source, or, HTTP
protocol can also be used as source, the client use the HTTP request to send content to source.

Hi,

We have requirement to log requests and generate report out for that for quality metrics and
usage tracking. Our applications are customized using Java, C, C#, SharePoint/.Net form where
user events will be captured to generate requests for logging.

I heard about tool – Apache Flume.

I have following questions :-

1.       Does it need any license? If yes, what’s the cost?
2.       Can It be used from C, SharePoint/.net customized applications. In documentation,
I saw reference to log4j i.e. java stuff but did not find anything for log4c, log4net.

Kindly clarify above questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Harjinder Singh
TC Collaboration Solution Design | GIS-PMT
Applied Materials, ITPL, Bangalore, INDIA
Mail_ID : Harjinder_singh@amat.com
Phone : +91 80 6628 3471