flume-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeff Alfeld <jalf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume filechannel fails to initialilze
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:39:39 GMT
Now that the channels are working again it raises the question of why did
this occur? If there is a theoretical limit to a filechannel size outside
of disk space limitations, what is that limit?

Jeff

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:23 AM Jeff Alfeld <jalfeld@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the assist, it seems that clearing the directories once more
> and lowering the capacity of the channel has allowed the service to start
> successfully on this server.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:03 AM Ahmed Vila <avila@devlogic.eu> wrote:
>
>> 10M channel capacity seems to be exaggerated to me. Try to lower it down.
>> Please check if you have at least 512MB of free space on the device where
>> you're storing channel data and checkpoint.
>>
>> To me, this seems that it tries to reply the channel log, but it
>> encounters an EOF. Please make sure that there is no hidden files in there.
>> Maybe removing settings for data and checkpoint dirs would be the best
>> bet to try first, so it creates ~/.flume/file-channel/checkpoint and
>> ~/.flume/file-channel/data
>>
>> At the end, you might want to try playing with setting use-fast-reply or
>> even use-log-reply-v1 to true.
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Jeff Alfeld <jalfeld@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am having an issue on a server that I am standing up to forward log
>>> data from a spooling directory to our hadoop cluster. I am receiving the
>>> following errors when flume is starting up:
>>>
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,751 INFO  [conf-file-poller-0]
>>> (org.apache.flume.node.Application.startAllComponents:145)  - Starting
>>> Channel bluecoat-channel
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,751 INFO  [lifecycleSupervisor-1-0]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel.start:269)  - Starting
>>> FileChannel bluecoat-channel { dataDirs:
>>> [/Dropbox/flume_tmp/bluecoat-channel/data] }...
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,751 INFO  [conf-file-poller-0]
>>> (org.apache.flume.node.Application.startAllComponents:145)  - Starting
>>> Channel fs-channel
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,751 INFO  [lifecycleSupervisor-1-2]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel.start:269)  - Starting
>>> FileChannel fs-channel { dataDirs: [/Dropbox/flume_tmp/fs-channel/data] }...
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,778 INFO  [lifecycleSupervisor-1-2]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.<init>:336)  - Encryption is not enabled
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,778 INFO  [lifecycleSupervisor-1-0]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.<init>:336)  - Encryption is not enabled
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,779 INFO  [lifecycleSupervisor-1-2]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay:382)  - Replay started
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,779 INFO  [lifecycleSupervisor-1-0]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay:382)  - Replay started
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,780 INFO  [lifecycleSupervisor-1-0]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay:394)  - Found NextFileID 0, from
>>> []
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,780 INFO  [lifecycleSupervisor-1-2]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay:394)  - Found NextFileID 0, from
>>> []
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,784 ERROR [lifecycleSupervisor-1-0]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay:492)  - Failed to initialize Log
>>> on [channel=bluecoat-channel]
>>> java.io.EOFException
>>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readInt(RandomAccessFile.java:827)
>>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readLong(RandomAccessFile.java:860)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.channel.file.EventQueueBackingStoreFactory.get(EventQueueBackingStoreFactory.java:80)
>>> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay(Log.java:426)
>>> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel.start(FileChannel.java:290)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor$MonitorRunnable.run(LifecycleSupervisor.java:251)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,786 ERROR [lifecycleSupervisor-1-0]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel.start:301)  - Failed to start
>>> the file channel [channel=bluecoat-channel]
>>> java.io.EOFException
>>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readInt(RandomAccessFile.java:827)
>>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readLong(RandomAccessFile.java:860)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.channel.file.EventQueueBackingStoreFactory.get(EventQueueBackingStoreFactory.java:80)
>>> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay(Log.java:426)
>>> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel.start(FileChannel.java:290)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor$MonitorRunnable.run(LifecycleSupervisor.java:251)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,784 ERROR [lifecycleSupervisor-1-2]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay:492)  - Failed to initialize Log
>>> on [channel=fs-channel]
>>> java.io.EOFException
>>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readInt(RandomAccessFile.java:827)
>>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readLong(RandomAccessFile.java:860)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.channel.file.EventQueueBackingStoreFactory.get(EventQueueBackingStoreFactory.java:80)
>>> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay(Log.java:426)
>>> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel.start(FileChannel.java:290)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor$MonitorRunnable.run(LifecycleSupervisor.java:251)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> 10 Nov 2015 16:13:25,787 ERROR [lifecycleSupervisor-1-2]
>>> (org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel.start:301)  - Failed to start
>>> the file channel [channel=fs-channel]
>>> java.io.EOFException
>>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readInt(RandomAccessFile.java:827)
>>> at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readLong(RandomAccessFile.java:860)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.channel.file.EventQueueBackingStoreFactory.get(EventQueueBackingStoreFactory.java:80)
>>> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.Log.replay(Log.java:426)
>>> at org.apache.flume.channel.file.FileChannel.start(FileChannel.java:290)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor$MonitorRunnable.run(LifecycleSupervisor.java:251)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on why this is occurring? I have tried stopping the
>>> service and clearing the  contents of the  data and checkpoint directories
>>> with no change. I have  verified that the flume daemon user account has
>>> full permissions to the checkpoint and data directories also.
>>>
>>> Below is the config that I am currently trying to use:
>>>
>>>
>>> #global
>>> agent.sources = bluecoat-src fs-src
>>> agent.channels = bluecoat-channel fs-channel
>>> agent.sinks = bc-avro fs-avro
>>>
>>>
>>> #kc bluecoat logs
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.type = spooldir
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.channels = bluecoat-channel
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.spoolDir = /Dropbox/flume
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.basenameHeader = true
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.basenameHeaderKey = basename
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.deserializer = line
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.deserializer.maxLineLength = 32000
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.deletePolicy = immediate
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.decodeErrorPolicy = IGNORE
>>> agent.sources.bluecoat-src.maxBackoff = 10000
>>>
>>> agent.channels.bluecoat-channel.type = file
>>> agent.channels.bluecoat-channel.capacity = 100000000
>>> agent.channels.bluecoat-channel.checkpointDir =
>>> /Dropbox/flume_tmp/bluecoat-channel/checkpoint
>>> agent.channels.bluecoat-channel.dataDirs =
>>> /Dropbox/flume_tmp/bluecoat-channel/data
>>>
>>> agent.sinks.bc-avro.type = avro
>>> agent.sinks.bc-avro.channel = bluecoat-channel
>>> agent.sinks.bc-avro.hostname = {destination server address}
>>> agent.sinks.bc-avro.port = 4141
>>> agent.sinks.bc-avro.batch-size = 250
>>> agent.sinks.bc-avro.compression-type = deflate
>>> agent.sinks.bc-avro.compression-level = 9
>>>
>>>
>>> #kc fs logs
>>> agent.sources.fs-src.type = spooldir
>>> agent.sources.fs-src.channels = fs-channel
>>> agent.sources.fs-src.spoolDir = /Dropbox/fs
>>> agent.sources.fs-src.deserializer = line
>>> agent.sources.fs-src.deserializer.maxLineLength = 32000
>>> agent.sources.fs-src.deletePolicy = immediate
>>> agent.sources.fs-src.decodeErrorPolicy = IGNORE
>>> agent.sources.fs-src.maxBackoff = 10000
>>>
>>> agent.channels.fs-channel.type = file
>>> agent.channels.fs-channel.capacity = 100000000
>>> agent.channels.fs-channel.checkpointDir =
>>> /Dropbox/flume_tmp/fs-channel/checkpoint
>>> agent.channels.fs-channel.dataDirs = /Dropbox/flume_tmp/fs-channel/data
>>>
>>> agent.sinks.fs-avro.type = avro
>>> agent.sinks.fs-avro.channel = fs-channel
>>> agent.sinks.fs-avro.hostname = {destination server address}
>>> agent.sinks.fs-avro.port = 4145
>>> agent.sinks.fs-avro.batch-size = 250
>>> agent.sinks.fs-avro.compression-type = deflate
>>> agent.sinks.fs-avro.compression-level = 9
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Ahmed Vila | Senior software developer
>> DevLogic | Sarajevo | Bosnia and Herzegovina
>>
>> Office : +387 33 942 123
>> Mobile: +387 62 139 348
>>
>> Website: www.devlogic.eu
>> E-mail   : avila@devlogic.eu
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended
>> recipient(s) only. This email contains confidential information. It should
>> not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any party other than the
>> intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination or copying
>> of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information
>> contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
>> not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any
>> attachment and all copies and inform the sender directly via email. Any
>> emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons other
>> than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the
>> communication complies with the law and company policies.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended
>> recipient(s) only. This email contains confidential information. It should
>> not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any party other than the
>> intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination or copying
>> of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information
>> contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
>> not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any
>> attachment and all copies and inform the sender directly via email. Any
>> emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons other
>> than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the
>> communication complies with the law and company policies.
>
>

Mime
View raw message