flume-user mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Herreros <gherre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set the capacity of the memory channel ?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 08:46:32 GMT
The capacity is just the buffer size which is how long is the queue of
events we can accept which are waiting to the processed by a sink.
How many event can be processed (throughput) really depends on how fast the
sink can handle them.
In other words, if the sink is not able to keep up, eventually no matter
how big the capacity, the client will have to slow down.

Now imagine in the previous case the sink was faster than the source, even
with a tiny capacity it will have a higher throughput than the previous
example.

Regards,
Gonzalo