flume-user mailing list archives

From Gonzalo Herreros <gherre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume sink for writing Tar formatted files on HDFS
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:32:21 GMT
AFAIK, only the Hdfs sink supports that. So you are going to have to extend
the standard HDFSEventSink to build a tar using a library like Apache
Commons Compress.
Please note, the tar format is not really compressed but just appended, if
you want compression you need to add gzip on the tar so it becomes tar.gz

Regards,
Gonzalo