flume-user mailing list archives

From Hemanth Abbina <Heman...@eiqnetworks.com>
Subject Re: Possibility of persisting the connection
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 17:58:54 GMT
Hi Gonzalo,

Thanks for your response.

No, the Kafka sink connection is not the same all times.I have observed the connections closing
and reconnecting.

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "Gonzalo Herreros" <gherreros@gmail.com>
To: "user" <user@flume.apache.org>
Subject: Possibility of persisting the connection
Date: Tue, Nov 17, 2015 11:08 PM

For the sink, I would be surprised if the connection to kafka is not the same all the time.
For the http source you could create a custom source where you keep a long lived http connection
and have some way of detecting where a batch of events is sent (e.g. a new line character).

Regards,
Gonzalo

On 17 November 2015 at 17:16, Hemanth Abbina <HemanthA@eiqnetworks.com<mailto:HemanthA@eiqnetworks.com>>