flume-user mailing list archives

From Doug McClure <dmccl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flume Message Headers?
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2015 02:09:22 GMT
Ideally as they appear passing through broker in topic and at the input to another agent source.
This is where I need to parse them and make routing decisions.

Doug

---
Doug McClure
e: dmcclure@gmail.com
c: +1-678-561-2288

> On Sep 18, 2015, at 8:58 PM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Where do you want to see the headers? After the event lands on HDFS? Use the Header and
body serializer if you using text, avro serializer writes out the headers.

> Thanks,
> Hari
>

>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Doug McClure <dmcclure@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a debug level or other Flume 1.6 utility I can use to see the full message
headers?  I need to see what's being collected in the spooldir source and sent via kafka sink,
specifically the values of fileHeader and basenameHeader data.