flume-user mailing list archives

From Buntu Dev <buntu...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot instantiate deserializer exception when using Avro deserializer
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 23:35:41 GMT
I need to read Avro files using spooldir and here is how I've configured
the source:

f1.sources.src1.type = spooldir
f1.sources.src1.spoolDir = /path/to/avro/files
f1.sources.src1.deserializer = avro

But when I run the flume agent, I keep running into these exceptions:

~~~
org.apache.flume.FlumeException: Cannot instantiate deserializer
    at
org.apache.flume.serialization.AvroEventDeserializer$Builder.build(AvroEventDeserializer.java:176)
    at
org.apache.flume.serialization.EventDeserializerFactory.getInstance(EventDeserializerFactory.java:87)
~~~~

Is it related to any missing lib?

Thanks!