flume-user mailing list archives

From Balasubramanian Jayaraman <balasubramanian.jayara...@autodesk.com>
Subject RE: Flume Sink stop working after disabling source
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 03:09:49 GMT
If you change the configurations, the flume will automatically restart the sources, channels
and sinks. Since the source is commented the flume agent is not receiving the data and hence
no data is received in Sink

From: Shady Xu [mailto:shadyxu@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:19 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume Sink stop working after disabling source

P.S. I'm using Flume 1.5.2.

I have to move my Flume agent to another machine, so I comment the source to disable it in
my configuration file. And I leave other configurations as they are to let the sink finish
uploading the data stored in the channel to HDFS.

However, several days passed, there are still the same amount of data in the channel, the
sink seems have stopped working too. What may be the problem?