flume-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Naik <ros...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Replay log taking to much time
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 07:39:27 GMT
You can set the 'checkpointOnClose = true if its not already the case (default is true). This
setting that was added in 1.6.
It will create a checkpoint when flume is trying to shutdown file channel ... consequently
replay  on restart/reconfgure should be much quicker.

-roshan

From: Shady Xu <shadyxu@gmail.com<mailto:shadyxu@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:35 AM
To: "user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>" <user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Replay log taking to much time

Yes I'm using Flume 1.6 now and dualCheckpoints are also used, but every time I restart the
agent, it takes less time but still dozens of minutes to replay the log. This is not normal,
right?

If the checkpointing interval is 30 seconds (by default), and dualCheckpoints are enabled
(in case, the agent was interrupted while writing a checkpoint), then replay should happen
only from the last 30 secs (worst case 60 secs). Not sure if this is happening in your case,
or  a Full replay is happening.

Thanks,
Rufus

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 10:40 PM, Shady Xu <shadyxu@gmail.com<mailto:shadyxu@gmail.com>>