flume-user mailing list archives

From Johny Rufus <jru...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Estimating the event loss
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:08:22 GMT
When you restart the agent, all the events in the memory channel will be
lost (if the memory channel was full and contained 100k events, they will
be lost)
File channel will not result in loss of events, on restart the channel's
state will be restored (File channel always maintains the last two data
files the events were written to, even if the events in them were
completely drained, this may give the impression that it still has data
left)

Thanks,
Rufus