flume-user mailing list archives

From Robert B Hamilton <robert.hamil...@gm.com>
Subject RE: HDFS Sink performance
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 19:51:32 GMT
Our testing has shown up to 60MB/s to HDFS if we use up to 8 or 10 sinks per agent, and with
a file channel with a single dataDir.

From: lohit [mailto:lohit.vijayarenu@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:11 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: HDFS Sink performance

Hello,

Does anyone have some numbers which they can share around HDFS sink performance. From our
testing, for single sink writing to HDFS (CompressedStream) and reading from MemoryChannel
can only do about 35000 events per second (each event is about 1K) in size. After compression
this turns out to be ~10MB/s write stream to HDFS file. Which is pretty low. Our configuration
looks like this

agent.sinks.hdfsSink.type = hdfs
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.channel = memoryChannel
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.path = /tmp/lohit
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.codeC = lzo
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.fileType = CompressedStream
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.writeFormat = Writable
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollInterval = 3600
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollSize = 1073741824
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.rollCount = 0
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.batchSize = 10000
agent.sinks.hdfsSink.hdfs.txnEventMax = 10000

agent.channels.memoryChannel.type = memory

agent.channels.memoryChannel.capacity = 3000000
agent.channels.memoryChannel.transactionCapacity = 10000

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific
statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received
this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.