Yep.

On May 8, 2015 4:49 PM, "Vishwakarma, Chhaya" <Chhaya.Vishwakarma@teradata.com> wrote:

Hi Gwen,

Thanks for the reply

a1.sources.r1.destinationName = BUSINESS_DATA

In above configuration “BUSINESS_DATA” is name of a queue?

From: Gwen Shapira [mailto:gshapira@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 2:57 PM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting data from IBM MQ to Hadoop

Hi Chhaya,

First, it looks like one agent should be enough. Don't run agents on the Hadoop cluster itself (i.e not on data nodes). You can give it its own machine, share it with other "edge node" services (like Hue) or install it on MQ machine (if the machine is not too busy).

Second, destination should have probably been named "source", i.e. thats the queue or topic that contains the data in JMS.

There is a nice example in the docs:

a1.sources = r1
a1.channels = c1
a1.sources.r1.type = jms
a1.sources.r1.channels = c1
a1.sources.r1.initialContextFactory = org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
a1.sources.r1.connectionFactory = GenericConnectionFactory
a1.sources.r1.providerURL = tcp://mqserver:61616
a1.sources.r1.destinationName = BUSINESS_DATA
a1.sources.r1.destinationType = QUEUE