flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume ChannelProcessor NullPointerException - TwitterAgent
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 18:03:44 GMT
I don’t think you get the point here. These are APIs meant for the Flume configuration to
call, not for your own code to call. The configuration system ensures that all the prerequisite
components are set up before the source is started. Can you explain what you are trying to
do? How are you creating a Flume agent? Are you trying to embed an agent in your own app?
Then use the Embedded agent.

Thanks,
Hari Shreedharan

> On May 14, 2015, at 10:59 AM, rafeeq shanavaz <rafeeqshanavaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> By using flume configuration avro source are started. I am try to pass a parameter inside
AbstartSource start() method. To achieve it that manually calling the start() method which
throws NullPointerException.
> Now i am able to manage it,instead of restarting start() method I used "BlockingQueue"
(put() and take() to pass parameters) class.

> Thanks for the response.
>

> Regards,
> Rafeeq Shanavaz
>

> “The virtue of a man ought to be measured, not by his extraordinary exertions, but
by his everyday conduct.” Blaise Pascal

> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com <mailto:hshreedharan@cloudera.com>>
wrote:
> How are you starting Avro Source? That is done by the flume configuration system and
not by anything else. The config system ensures that the channel processor is set up.

> Thanks,
> Hari Shreedharan
>

>> On May 13, 2015, at 2:20 AM, rafeeq shanavaz <rafeeqshanavaz@gmail.com <mailto:rafeeqshanavaz@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Flume-Twitter-Source to download tweets from twitter. I used to call AvroSource
start() method manually to re-execute twitter service.

>> But flume throws NullPointerException while sending events using below code:
>>
>> channelProcessor.processEvent(event);
>>
>> Please suggest How to preserve channelProcessor Object to avoid NullPointerException
on manual call to AvroSource start() method.