flume-user mailing list archives

From Vincentius Martin <vincentiusmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Failover Sink Processor for first tier agents?
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 13:58:30 GMT
In my cluster, sometimes I experience intermittent/slow connections which
affect some agents. For this case, failover sink processor works great
since I can just use another agent to resend the desired events.

However, when the problem is in the first tier agent (agent that receives
events directly from the application), to the best of my knowledge, it will
not be possible to use the failover sink processor (use other agent to take
over the job) since there are not any other agents before it.

My question is: Is it possible to do the failover process when the problem
is in the first tier agent? (e.g. when it is slow)

Thanks!

Regards,
Vincentius Martin