flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume ChannelProcessor NullPointerException - TwitterAgent
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 18:09:02 GMT
How are you starting Avro Source? That is done by the flume configuration system and not by
anything else. The config system ensures that the channel processor is set up.

Thanks,
Hari Shreedharan

> On May 13, 2015, at 2:20 AM, rafeeq shanavaz <rafeeqshanavaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using Flume-Twitter-Source to download tweets from twitter. I used to call AvroSource
start() method manually to re-execute twitter service.

> But flume throws NullPointerException while sending events using below code:
>
> channelProcessor.processEvent(event);
>
> Please suggest How to preserve channelProcessor Object to avoid NullPointerException
on manual call to AvroSource start() method.

> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Regards,
> Rafeeq Shanavaz
>

> “The virtue of a man ought to be measured, not by his extraordinary exertions, but
by his everyday conduct.” Blaise Pascal