flume-user mailing list archives

From alexey yakubovich <alexe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Example from Dev. Guide
Date Sat, 16 May 2015 18:11:38 GMT
Please help with first steps at Flume. I try make it work locally on my mac laptop.
I try to follow the flume docs, unsuccessfully as yet: Flume Dev. Guide:     https://flume.apache.org/FlumeDeveloperGuide.html
  the section RPC clients - Avro and Thrift
Here is the flume config file: flume.conf (taken from the Flume Dev. Guide:     https://flume.apache.org/FlumeDeveloperGuide.html
  the section RPC clients - Avro and Thrift
#===================================================a1.channels = c1a1.sources = r1a1.sinks
= k1
a1.channels.c1.type = memory
a1.sources.r1.channels = c1a1.sources.r1.type = avro# For using a thrift source set the following
instead of the above line.# a1.source.r1.type = thrifta1.sources.r1.bind = 0.0.0.0a1.sources.r1.port
= 41414
a1.sinks.k1.channel = c1a1.sinks.k1.type = logger#===================================================
I start Flume (agent) as follows:
export FLUME_PATH=/Users/ayakubo/git/Flume/flumeexport FLUME_NG=$FLUME_PATH/bin/flume-ngexport
PROJ_HOME=/Users/Proj/Flume/FlumeUserGuideexport FLUME_CFG=$PROJ_HOME/src/main/resources/flume.cfgexport
F_LOGS=-Dflume.root.logger=INFO,console
$FLUME_NG agent --conf conf --conf-file $FLUME_CFG --name a1 $F_LOGS
And it seems starts ok. The last line in output (annoyingly)#===================================================log4j:WARN
No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.flume.lifecycle.LifecycleSupervisor).log4j:WARN
Please initialize the log4j system properly.log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig
for more info.#===================================================And I don't even see anything
like "... avro-source.r1 started "
Now I use the simple java app suggested in Dev Guide, with two classes: MyApp and MyRpcClientFacadeIt
runs (from Eclipse) without errors, but no "Hello World" goes to flume agent output.
So, please tell me what i am doing wrong. (Also, what you suppose to do with log4j binding?
Rebuilt flume? Ignore? Anything else?)
Thank youAlexey