Hi-

I am currently investigating in a way for the flume agent to "fail fast" if any of the sources/sinks fail to start. It seems that there is no facility to do this based on the current architecture. Basically, I am working with the RMQ source plugin for flume. I would like the agent (jvm process) to halt if the RMQ source plugin fails to start (i.e. for some reason one of the preconditions for RMQ is not met). Right now, the only way I can think of doing this is Runtime.getRuntime().halt(1). It seems hereĀ

https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/flume-1.5/flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/lifecycle/LifecycleSupervisor.java#L249-263

we catch every exception and just move on

thanks in advance for the help

--
-mike.librodo