flume-user mailing list archives

From Herman Schistad <herman.schis...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory channel implemented by CircularFifoQueue (purging oldest event if full)
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:22:43 GMT
Hi,

Simple question: is there an implementation of a Flume
memory/file-channel based on a Circular Fifo Queue
(http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-collections/javadocs/api-release/org/apache/commons/collections4/queue/CircularFifoQueue.html)
anywhere?

That is instead of rejecting new events once the memory channel is
full, I want to purge out the oldest one(s) until I can fit my new
incoming event.

I can see from the source code that the default MemoryChannel is
implemented using a LinkedBlockingDeque, which doesn't suit my needs
as I (for some channels/sinks) don't care about some events
disappearing.

Appreciate thoughts, ideas and experiences with this.

--
Herman Schistad