flume-user mailing list archives

From Lin Ma <lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: beginner's question -- file source configuration
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 01:24:58 GMT
Thanks Ashish,

Followed your guidance, and found below instructions of which have further
questions to confirm with you, it seems we need to close the files and
never touch it for Flume to process correctly, so not sure if it is good
practice that -- (1) let the application write log file in existing way,
like hourly or 5 mins pattern, (2) close and move the files to another
directory as input Source for Flume Agent which Flume could process as
Spooling Directory?

“This source will watch the specified directory for new files, and will
parse events out of new files as they appear. ”

"

   1. If a file is written to after being placed into the spooling
   directory, Flume will print an error to its log file and stop processing.
   2. If a file name is reused at a later time, Flume will print an error
   to its log file and stop processing.

"

regards,
Lin