flume-user mailing list archives

From Michael Librodo <mike.libr...@gmail.com>
Subject Stopping the agent process if any sources/sinks fail during start
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 19:34:55 GMT
Hi-

I am currently investigating in a way for the flume agent to "fail fast" if
any of the sources/sinks fail to start. It seems that there is no facility
to do this based on the current architecture. Basically, I am working with
the RMQ source plugin for flume. I would like the agent (jvm process) to
halt if the RMQ source plugin fails to start (i.e. for some reason one of
the preconditions for RMQ is not met). Right now, the only way I can think
of doing this is Runtime.getRuntime().halt(1). It seems here

https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/flume-1.5/flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/lifecycle/LifecycleSupervisor.java#L249-263

we catch every exception and just move on

thanks in advance for the help

--
-mike.librodo