flume-user mailing list archives

From Matt Fair <matt.f...@gmail.com>
Subject multiple flume clients and memory
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 22:27:15 GMT
I have an application that launches a bunch of processes (40+) on the same
machine, each one connects to flume using the default flume RPCClient.  I
however have noticed that each RPCClient takes up a decent amount of
memory, and when you create as many clients like I am, it adds up to a lot
of memory.  One thought I had to alleviate having to create all of the
clients was to create only a single RPCClient and then have my other
processes connect to it via a socket, but that seems a little redundant
since that is what the RPCClient is suppose to do anyways.  Have others
found themselves in this same situation?  Is there a way to handle memory
more efficiently or is there another RPCClient implementation that doesn't
take up as much memory?

Thanks,
Matt