flume-user mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple flume clients and memory
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 03:18:15 GMT
Do all these clients have memory usage is in same range? If yes, then
taking a heap dump would reveal what is consuming memory.

As Hari said, the batch is kept in-memory, meaning Event size would
matter. Here is what I would do to debug this

1. See the memory usage of all client
2. If they are in range, would use VisualVM to get the heap dump of
any one of the process, else take heap dump of a few process (max, min
usage etc)
3. Use Eclipse MAT or other tool to see what's consuming the memory

Can also try tweaking the batch size to see if it makes any difference
in memory usage.

--
thanks
ashish