flume-user mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <gshap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume with Kafka , Architecture.
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 20:29:52 GMT
I like the first option (Kafka + Flume cluster to HDFS cluster)

Flume doesn't actually benefit much from being local to HDFS, and as you
noticed - it may take resources from Spark and Impala.

Flume can live on same nodes as Kafka. Especially if you are using it with
Kafka channel - Kafka can be a bit sensitive to serious memory or disk
utilization.

Hope this helps.

Gwen