flume-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Vila <av...@devlogic.eu>
Subject Re: Spreading multiple file-channels over distinct disks
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 16:33:14 GMT
Hi Smaine,

There is always an overhead of running multiple flume instances, i.e.
multiple Java VMs. Thus, I wouldn't recommend running more of them if
that's not due to distribution across servers.

But, you are able to do round-robin events from source into multiple
channels and those channels could have one disk per channel.
However, in that case you'll also need at least one sink per channel. Guess
that's even desirable if you're sinking your data into the HDFS.

Regards

--

Best regards,
Ahmed Vila | Senior software developer

Office : +387 33 942 123
Mobile: +387 62 139 348

Website: www.devlogic.eu
E-mail   : avila@devlogic.eu
recipient(s) only. This email contains confidential information. It should
not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any party other than the
intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination or copying
of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information
contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any
attachment and all copies and inform the sender directly via email. Any
emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons other
than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the
communication complies with the law and company policies.