flume-user mailing list archives

From Bob Metelsky <bob.metel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple- Just copying plain files into the cluster (hdfs) using flume - possible?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 23:49:29 GMT
Steve - I appreciate you time on this...

Yes, I want to use flume to copy .xml  or .whatever files from a server
outside the cluster to hdfs. That server does l have flume installed on it

Id like the same behavior as "spooling directory" but from a remote machine
--> to hdfs

So, from all my reading flume looks like it completely designed for
streaming "live" logs and program outputs...

Doesn't seem to be known for  being a filewatcher and grabbing files as
they show up, then shiping and writing to hdfs

Of can it?

Ok I can think fragmentation with individual "small" files but doesn't
"spool directory behaviour" face the same issue?

I've done quite a bit of reading but one can easily get into the weeds :) -
All I need to do is this simple task.

Thanks