flume-user mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No threads used in Spooling Directory
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:29:06 GMT
What Flume Dev's meant was, Flume is not intended to do File transfers as a
whole. A File shall be read and an Event created out of the content based
on how an Event needs to be created (each line as an Event by default).

To answer you question (to the best of my knowledge)

Q1. I would like to know how much  file has been processed in parallel by
SpoolDir ?

Nope

Q2. Is it possible to how much* size* of file has been moved by SpoolDir to
sink  at any point using built-in API?

Nope

If you can share what you want to achieve, we may be able to provide some
pointers.

thanks

ashish

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 5:43 PM, mahendran m <mahendranec@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I need to move IIS logs to hdfs , then which is suitable for this purpose ?
>
> Thanks ,
>
> ------------------------------
> From: Manohar.CS@itcinfotech.com
> To: user@flume.apache.org
> Subject: RE: No threads used in Spooling Directory
> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 11:00:48 +0000
>

>  I had posted for similar requirement few days back , but from core team
> members got to know that spoolDir is not suitable for fileBased handling,
> its more of event based content transfer that is being done.

and  shall  not attach any liability on the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./its  Holding
company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. If you are the addressee, the contents of
this e-mail are intended for your use only and it shall  not be forwarded to any third party,
without first obtaining written authorization from the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./
its Holding company/its  Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. It may contain information which
is confidential and legally privileged and the same shall not be used or dealt with  by any
 third  party  in  any manner whatsoever without the specific consent  of  ITC  Infotech India
Ltd./ its Holding company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies.

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog