flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Non blocking IO using Flume client
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 06:43:07 GMT
In your case, you'd end up having too many threads - that is right. I don't
know if there is anything you can do right now

The interesting thing is that the underlying Flume Avro RPC client is
actually non-blocking. It is exposed as a blocking client for ease of use.
Also, there is a bug in Avro that can cause the client to block during an
initial handshake - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1122

For now, I am not sure what we can do. But if you do happen to have some
time, please take a look!

Hari