flume-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Durgapal <durgapalmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When to stop an agent with a Spool Directory source
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 05:20:05 GMT
I am not sure about your use case but I am writing about my experiences
with flume.
Generally you would use flume for streaming data and will not stop the
components ever. You have  source & sinks running all the time so that as
soon as an application writes into the spool directory, the source reads
it(as per the flume agent configuration) and puts it the in the channel
from where sink consumes it.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything other than a shell script to run
periodically to start-stop the agent.

Regards
Mohit