flume-user mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring the progress of events
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:06:26 GMT
@Seshu: If you emailed user-unsubscribe@flume.apache.org and it still
didn't unsubscribe you you should file a JIRA with Apache's
infrastructure team:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

@Carlotta:

What kind of monitoring are you looking for? I don't believe there is
event-level monitoring as this would be very expensive. What I've seen
some folks do is send a canary event to verify when processing of some
batch has completed. This won't work if you have fan out/fan in in the
flow as the ordering between multiple Flume agent's isn't guaranteed.

-Joey

--
Joey Echeverria