flume-user mailing list archives

From "Mahadevappa, Shobha" <Shobha.Mahadeva...@nttdata.com>
Subject RE: Flume on windows
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 10:40:06 GMT
Thanks all for the inputs.
I tried the latest flume version on windows and was successful in starting up the collector
and agents.
However, one of the agent source tails a file which fails on windows.
Any inputs how this can be achieved?

Regards,
Shobha

From: Hari Shreedharan [mailto:hshreedharan@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 5:49 AM
To: user@flume.apache.org
Cc: user@flume.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flume on windows

Theoretically, it might work - but there are several flume components that use fsync etc
which won’t work on Windows. So any guarantees provided by things like the File Channel
are voided. That said, I have never tested it on Windows - so I can’t promise anything will
work.

Thanks,
Hari

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:40 AM, Mahadevappa, Shobha <Shobha.Mahadevappa@nttdata.com<mailto:Shobha.Mahadevappa@nttdata.com>>