flume-user mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume JSON netcat source
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 17:36:14 GMT
The ideal would be if your app could strip the newlines before writing
to the logs. If that's not possible, you need a script that will tail
the logs and parse the JSON (or at least parse it enough to find the
beginning and ending curly braces) and strip out the new line
characters.

Using morphlines to go from JSON to Avro is a good idea.

-Joey

--
Joey Echeverria