flume-user mailing list archives

From Hang Yan <hangy...@iflytek.com>
Subject Re: Flume on windows
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 03:36:37 GMT
We have many flume agent run on windows,but we use a modifed version of
file channel.

From:  Frank Yao <baniu.yao@gmail.com>
Date:  Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 09:13
To:  "user@flume.apache.org" <user@flume.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Flume on windows

We are facing the same problem. Should flume do some comments to tell if
this component is suitable for Windows?
Frank Yao
@Vipshop, Shanghai
from iPhone

在 2014年12月4日,08:19,Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com> 写道:

Theoretically, it might work - but there are several flume components that
use fsync etc  which won’t work on Windows. So any guarantees provided by
things like the File Channel are voided. That said, I have never tested it
on Windows - so I can’t promise anything will work.

Thanks,
Hari

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 2:40 AM, Mahadevappa, Shobha