flume-user mailing list archives

From David Novogrodsky <david.novogrod...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie question on using the Syslog agent in Flume
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:25:42 GMT
All,

I am new to the Hadoop Ecosystem.  I have a question about Syslog and the
Flume agent for Syslog.

I am working to ingest network data from an agent.  The agent is sending
data in Syslog format, or is creating data in syslog format.  Here are the
required parameters for a syslog Flume source:

a1.sources = r1a1.channels = c1a1.sources.r1.type =
syslogudpa1.sources.r1.port = 5140a1.sources.r1.host = localhost

a1.sources.r1.channels = c1
‚Äč

I asked the developer for the IP address of the syslog source.  I assume
that the Flume agent sends an agent program to the syslog server, defined
by a1.source.r1.host.  Is this correct?  Or is the a1.sources.c1.host IP
address, the address of the machine that is running the Flume instance?

David Novogrodsky
david.novogrodsky@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidnovogrodsky