flume-user mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question on using the Syslog agent in Flume
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:49:46 GMT
The host in your source config should be the hostname that will be
listening for syslog events. It's typically either 0.0.0.0 to listen
on the wildcard interface or the fully qualified hostname/IP address
of the public network interface on the Flume agent.

You then configure the host that will send syslog events to Flume with
the Flume agent's hostname and the port you've configured. Here's an
article that shows how to configure rsyslog and syslog-ng to send to a
server:

http://help.papertrailapp.com/kb/configuration/configuring-remote-syslog-from-unixlinux-and-bsdos-x/

-Joey

--