flume-user mailing list archives

From mahendran m <mahendra...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Shutdowning HDFS server leads to flume agent shutdown
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 09:58:09 GMT
Hi Needham ,
Thanks for your response .
If this is case then i facing the data lose . for example
I sent 5129 event to flume and i configured  agent for file size should be 1MB ( contain 4890
events) then only it roll out .I have one completely roll out log file of size 1MB . another
file in is in process of writing so when stop HDFS it also stop flume .if i open that that
second log file it does not contain the event i sent it contain below text
java.io.IOException: Got error for OP_READ_BLOCK, self=/127.0.0.1:9694, remote=127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1:50010,
for file /127.0.0.1:50010:BP-1861801959-172.16.1.123-1413351856783:1073743344, for pool BP-1861801959-172.16.1.123-1413351856783
block 1073743344_2532

now i start agent again .now it read the check point directory and move the missed event to
HDFS  but it moved only last two events(5128,5129) . event between 4891 to 5127 were completely
missing why it is happening . how i prevent data lose in this case?
Regards,Mahendran

From: Guy.Needham@virginmedia.co.uk
To: user@flume.apache.org; flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Shutdowning HDFS server leads to flume agent shutdown
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 09:36:33 +0000

Hi Mahendran,

yes that is expected behaviour - I suspect that if you look in the logs for this agent, it
will have thrown an exception when you shut down the HDFS, as it is depending
 on a compatible HDFS being available.

Regards,

Guy Needham | Data Discovery

Virgin Media | Enterprise Data, Design & Management

Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP

D 01256 75 3362

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at
http://vsre.info/