flume-user mailing list archives

From "Needham, Guy" <Guy.Need...@virginmedia.co.uk>
Subject RE: Shutdowning HDFS server leads to flume agent shutdown
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 09:36:33 GMT
Hi Mahendran,

yes that is expected behaviour - I suspect that if you look in the logs for this agent, it
will have thrown an exception when you shut down the HDFS, as it is depending on a compatible
HDFS being available.

Regards,
Guy Needham | Data Discovery
Virgin Media | Enterprise Data, Design & Management
Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9UP
D 01256 75 3362
I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

________________________________
From: mahendran m [mailto:mahendranec@hotmail.com]
Sent: 07 November 2014 09:33
To: flume-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Shutdowning HDFS server leads to flume agent shutdown

Hi All,

I am new to Apache flume . I have configured using thrift source to send log to HDFS my Config
as below

# list sources, sinks and channels in the agent
a1.sources = r1
a1.sinks = k1
a1.channels = c1

# avro sink properties
a1.sources.r1.type = thrift
a1.sources.r1.bind = localhost
a1.sources.r1.port = 44444
a1.sources.r1.interceptors = i1
a1.sources.r1.interceptors.i1.type = DecoderInterceptor.CustomInterceptor$Builder
a1.sources.r1.interceptors.i1.referalUrl=referalUrl
a1.sources.r1.interceptors.i1.referalHost=referalHost

#HDFS sink
a1.sinks.k1.type = hdfs
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.fileType = DataStream
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.fileSuffix= .txt
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.rollSize = 1048576
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.rollCount = 0
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.rollInterval = 0
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.batchSize = 1000
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.minBlockReplicas = 1
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.callTimeout = 60000
a1.sinks.k1.hdfs.path = hdfs://localhost:9000/flumeChannel100/Thrift

# Use a channel which buffers events in memory
a1.channels.c1.type = memory
a1.channels.c1.capacity = 10000000
a1.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 1000
a1.channels.c1.byteCapacityBufferPercentage = 10
a1.channels.c1.byteCapacity = 5368709120

# define the flow
a1.sources.r1.channels = c1
a1.sinks.k1.channel = c1

when i stated HDFS, flume service and generated the logs from c# application . my logs are
moved to HDFS everything OK still now. but when stopped HDFS service . flume agent itself
get stopped. Is this default behavior ? . or any wen wrong .

Regards,
Mahendran

Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?

Visit www.virginmedia.com for more information, and more fun.

This email and any attachments are or may be confidential and legally privileged
and are sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s). If you have received this
email in error, please delete it from your system: its use, disclosure or copying is
unauthorised. Statements and opinions expressed in this email may not represent
those of Virgin Media. Any representations or commitments in this email are
subject to contract.

Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP