flume-user mailing list archives

From Ed Judge <ejud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: starting flume from another Java process
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 19:01:26 GMT
FYI, this issue seems to be related to not handling Flume IO.  My Java process was inheriting
IO and not reading it causing flume to suspend.

-Ed

On Nov 10, 2014, at 7:27 PM, Ed Judge <ejudgie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with starting/stopping flume from another Java process via
ProcessBuilder?
> Seems like I am able to start it the first time (have it do a transfer and log messages)
then destroy it.
> However, the next time I start it, it doesn’t do any transfer or writing to its log
file.  I do see the following process listed:

> /bin/bash /vagrant/flume/bin/apache-flume-1.5.0.1-bin/bin/flume-ng agent -n a1 -c ./conf
--conf-file ./conf/FlumeAgent.1.conf --classpath /vagrant/flume/bin/apache-flume-1.5.0.1-bin/lib/*:/home/hadoop/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/*:/home/hadoop/hadoop/share/hadoop/common/lib/*:/home/hadoop/hadoop/share/hadoop/hdfs/*
-Dflume.monitoring.type=http -Dflume.monitoring.port=14001 -Dflume.log.file=FlumeAgent.1.log