flume-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Zalunin <wr4b...@gmail.com>
Subject Dynamic sink configuration
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 23:42:39 GMT
Hi,

We have embedded flume agent and we need to update some parameters
dynamically after sink/source runners are started.

For example, having sink which sends events to some url. At some point we
need to change this url (add request parameter for example).

Straightforward way is to add method which will accept changes and update
internal state, but it looks like a 'hack', because all flume sinks, that
I've seen configured just once.

Maybe there are another, 'flume-way' to do such things?

Is restarting sink (I think restart other related things also needed) only
one option?

Thanks,
Pavel.