flume-user mailing list archives

From Anandkumar Lakshmanan <an...@orzota.com>
Subject Re: detecting when exec cat source is complete
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:41:37 GMT
Hi Ed,

By using cat, Flume will cat the file, but then the source will become
useless, because the command will have finished, and there's no way that
I'm aware of to get an agent to start a new command.

As for figuring out when the transfer is complete, I don't think there's
a really good way other than checking the file itself, or looking to see
if the cat command is still running.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 10/15/2014 07:55 PM, Ed Judge wrote:
> Is there a reliable mechanism to know when a flume source is complete (i.e. when it is
done catting a file or when the flume source script exits) AND all of the events have been
written to the sink?