flume-user mailing list archives

From Jean <lagaru...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: HDFS sink: "clever" routing
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:28:22 GMT
I second that, murphy law ...
New releases or patch can break the correct event format, manual mistakes too and so on

> Le 16 oct. 2014 à 17:54, Paul Chavez <pchavez@ntent.com> a écrit :
>
> Human error is most common reason in my experience. Whether it is a configuration error
or fault in app development, I was just relaying a method to make your flume infrastructure
more resilient. Regarding corrupted events, now that I think of it those have always been
within the event payload and we have never actually seen corrupted headers.

>> On Oct 16, 2014, at 8:24 AM, "Jean-Philippe Caruana" <jp@target2sell.com> wrote:
>>
>> Le 15/10/2014 17:57, Paul Chavez a écrit :
>>> Yes, that will work fine. From experience, I can say definitely account for the
possibility of the 'tenant' and 'data_type' headers being corrupted or missing outright.